School Direct QTS with PGCE
The School Direct QTS with PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) enables trainees to gain qualified teacher status (which is needed to be a registered teacher in England) whilst studying for the academic award of the PGCE.
The SSF SCITT programme leads to the QTS element (awarded by SSF) with the PGCE being undertaken through our partners at The University of Roehampton. This is in addition to the QTS programme requirements and runs alongside.
Several Universities now offer a 'top-up PGCE' that can be undertaken at any time during your teaching career.
This is a fee-paying programme open to high quality graduates and leads to the qualification of PGCE (with Masters credits) and award of QTS.
- Award of QTS
- Additional PGCE accreditation with 60 Masters credits
- £9,250 tuition fees
- Student loan available to cover fees and maintenance (repayable when employed)
- Gradual increase of teaching hours over a year
- Weekly professional studies sessions
- Additional training sessions delivered by The University of Roehampton
- Expectation of employment within the partnership
Am I eligible?
We are looking for people with the desire and passion to challenge and inspire children. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, resilience and determination are essential qualities.
To apply for a place on our School Direct PGCE programme there are entry requirements.
Use our checklist below:
|GCSE passes or equivalent, at grade4 (previously grade C) or above in English, maths and science|
|A degree (2:2 or above) or international equivalent|
Surrey South Farnham SCITT is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children.