SSF SCITT encourage high quality dialogue following lesson observations - active dialogue that engages and guides the trainee to consider cause and effect statements and impact upon practice.
Learning conversations are a powerful coaching tool. Support Tutors will conduct a learning conversation with the trainee following their lesson observation and SSF will be training all mentors during 2020-2021 in how to incorporate regular learning conversations into school-based training opportunities.
What is a learning conversation?
This short training video outlines what a SFF SCITT learning conversation looks like and highlights why they are an effective tool to use when working with a new teacher:
Learning conversations are:
- Developmental not judgemental
- They focus on development and not grade
- They are about improving not proving
- They are done with and not to
- They are about being the best version of yourself
- They are about getting better, not being ‘good’
- They are about checking in, not checking up
The guide below (attached file) explains the SSF SCITT Learning Conversation in full detail.