Assessment Only programme
If you are already teaching as a qualified teacher, or have one working within your school, then we can accredit QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) through our ‘Assessment Only’ programme. This allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all of the standards for QTS without having to do further training.
To achieve QTS you’ll need to:
- Be a graduate with a degree class of 2:2 of above
- Hold GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at grade C (new grade 4) or above
- Pass the numeracy and literacy professional skills tests
- Have taught and been accountable for pupil’s learning in at least two schools and across two age ranges or key-stages (full-time equivalent for at least two years)
- Present detailed evidence that you meet the Teacher' Standards
- Be observed at frequent intervals over a 12 week assessment period by our team of assessors
What does it cost?
The cost of the 'Assessment Only' Route is £2,500. It is worth discussing this with your employing school as they may cover or contribute towards this cost.
How do I apply?
Applications are made directly to Surrey South Farnham SCITT and there is no need to apply through UCAS. Contact our team for an application form.